With the start of a new academic year, there are a host of new opportunities for volunteering and/or paid work inside the University and around the city. If you would like to learn about these as they become available, then here are a few sources of information to follow:
1. This blog, where announcements of vacancies, coaching courses and more are made regularly.
2. The IMPress Twitter account – @IMPressLincoln – which shares information from other sources, as well as providing alerts anytime a new post is made on this blog.
3. The Students’ Union’s Volunteering Office post openings for voluntary work. Sport-related ones can be found under their Community > Sport listing: lincolnsu.com/volunteering/opportunities/community/sport . Also take a look at their main Get Involved hub under lincolnsu.com.
4. The many websites and Twitter accounts for sport-related openings listed under our Links page. Scroll down to “Jobs in Sport”.
5. For School of Sport & Exercise Science students, check the boards in the Human Performance Centre and the screens in the Sport Centre lobby.
6. Attend IMPress events and chat to students who are already involved in extracurricular work or who might share interests with you. Ask if you’d like to know whether the School have links to local clubs and organisations that you could take advantage of. Keep an eye out for this logo:
IMPress is the School’s group supporting students in finding extracurricular opportunities and other aspects of improving their employability. If you are a student on any programme in the School then you are automatically a member. Come along to a meeting or email us at email@example.com if you’d like to know more.