IMPressing: Melissa Poole – Trampoline Coach

Melissa Poole (Sport Development & Coaching, Year 1) is busy with coaching and volunteering outside of her course activities:

“I coach trampolining as a paid job every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. On the Mondays I coach three special needs groups of various disabilities and ages. On the other two days I coach various ages from 5-50 who vary in ability from just recreational to regional! I also spend Wednesdays teaching at my secondary school 9-3:15. I teach loads of different sports and teach some lessons on my own, and the teachers watch and give me feedback after the lesson.

I’ve done coaching courses too and I volunteer at different events across the country! I’m being a Team manager at the Anglian cross country in Northampton next weekend and have volunteered at the Lincolnshire School Games for three years and the UK School Games for two years as well. I’ve also been a Young Ambassador for the Youth Sport Trust!”

melissa poole

Melissa receiving a Self Belief award from Baroness Sue Campbell (Chair of UK Sport) and Jason Gardner