With the start of a new academic year, there are a host of new opportunities for volunteering and/or paid work inside the University and around the city. If you would like to learn about these as they become available, then here are a few sources of information to follow:
1. This blog, where announcements of vacancies, coaching courses and more are made regularly.
2. The IMPress Twitter account – @IMPressLincoln – which shares information from other sources, as well as providing alerts anytime a new post is made on this blog.
3. The Students’ Union’s Volunteering Office post openings for voluntary work. Sport-related ones can be found under their Community > Sport listing: lincolnsu.com/volunteering/opportunities/community/sport . Also take a look at their main Get Involved hub under lincolnsu.com.
4. The many websites and Twitter accounts for sport-related openings listed under our Links page. Scroll down to “Jobs in Sport”.
5. For School of Sport & Exercise Science students, check the boards in the Human Performance Centre and the screens in the Sport Centre lobby.
6. Attend IMPress events and chat to students who are already involved in extracurricular work or who might share interests with you. Ask if you’d like to know whether the School have links to local clubs and organisations that you could take advantage of. Keep an eye out for this logo:
IMPress is the School’s group supporting students in finding extracurricular opportunities and other aspects of improving their employability. If you are a student on any programme in the School then you are automatically a member. Come along to a meeting or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to know more.
English Theatre of Europe are looking for English-speaking sports teachers to support an English and drama summer school for one week in Tuscany. You will be responsible for teaching classes of approximately 15-20 italian primary or secondary students, with the emphasis being on learning through fun activities. You will be required to help students work as a team. You will explain the rules of the games and names of pieces of equipment in English and encourage the pupils to learn the terminology and speak in English throughout the session.
For more details on the position and to apply follow this link.
We have received the following notice of coaching positions available from Synergy Sports, to start in September.
Full time positions – £14,000+ per annum dependant on experience and qualifications
Part Time positions – £10.00 per hour ( minimum of 15 hours)
Closing Date – 23/07/14
Synergy Sports Coaching are leading providers in the Sports Education market, delivering services to over 40 primary schools within Lincolnshire. We are looking for dedicated and enthusiastic sports coaches who will be able to provide Primary Schools with high quality Physical Education. The successful candidate will need to be able to deliver the National Curriculum for P.E to the whole primary age range. They will also provide support to schools to develop an extra-curricular programme that improves the quality and quantity of participation. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest level of customer care, so in addition to your coaching responsibilities, you will be expected to build and develop relationships within our customer base.
If you have a passion for sport, engaging with children and set yourself the highest standards, then we would be delighted to hear from you. This is an excellent opportunity to progress within a dynamic and forward thinking company.
- A minimum NGB Level 2 qualification
- Have experience of delivering coaching sessions to Primary school children within a school setting
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills in order to develop lasting partnerships with pupils, staff and parents
- Enhanced DBS check upon employment starting
- Full Driving Licence and access to own transport
- The ability to deliver high quality sport and physical activity sessions
- An understanding of effective pupil behaviour management
If you believe these roles are for you and you have the ability to make a positive impact on school sport, please email your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com
Lots of interesting positions – including many football-related ones – have been posted today by Jump in Sport:
Be sure to follow them and also some of the other sports job sites listed on our Links page.