FA Coaching Disabled Footballers Course
Date: Saturday 2nd June, 2018
Venue: Priory City of Lincoln Academy, Skellinghtorpe Road, Lincoln, LN6 0EP
Cost: £50 | £45 (Charter Standard Development / Club member) | £40 (Charter Standard Community Club member / FA Licensed Coach)
Pre-requisite: FA Level 1 Coaching in Football Qualification
The course is six hours and covers both theory and practical elements and by the end of the workshop each participant should be able to meet the following outcomes:
• Apply and extend your existing coaching skills and experience to meet the needs of players with a range of impairments
• Establish basic communication skills for coaching disabled footballers
• Use appropriate terminology
• Identify appropriate safety and medical considerations
• Plan a wide range of coaching sessions for disabled footballers
• Using the Inclusion Spectrum, plan your coaching sessions to include disabled players or provide alternative appropriate opportunities
• Understand the player pathways available for disabled players including the appropriate structure for competition.
Practical Involvement: Candidates will be encouraged to participate practically to maximise their opportunities for learning (This however will not prevent successful completion of the award).
Assessment Required: N/A