The University’s Volunteering Office have a number of exciting sports-related voluntary opportunities. These positions include the following:
- various roles with Lincolnshire FA including University Football Activator
- Lincolnshire Sport School Games Event Makers
- Positive Futures Sport Leaders
- Lincoln City FC Sport & Education Trust Youth Leaders
- Lincoln City FC Academy performance analysts and S&C coaches
- YMCA Volunteer fitness instructors
- and many more!
Full details of the roles and their responsibilities, the support you will receive and the benefits you will gain can be found on the Community: Sport opportunities page.
The Priory Academy LSST are looking for a confident and professional Level 2 qualified Fitness Instructor to work alongside two other individuals as part of the Health and Fitness team at the Academy.
Job roles will include:
- Running student and staff fitness classes
- Assisting the Duty Manager to ensure the smooth running of the school fitness suite
- Carrying out fitness inductions and programmes
- One to one supervision with students and staff
- Ensuring the facilities are well maintained, clean and fit for purpose
The successful candidate will:
- Have a wide knowledge of the fitness industry
- Be flexible with working hours
- Preferably hold a group class qualification
- Be enthusiastic and have a passion to work with children
Working Hours: 12 hours per week / 52 weeks per year
Hours of work will consist of midweek sessions from 3-7pm and alternate Saturday mornings.
Salary: £5,151 per annum ( SCP 14 – £15,882 pro rata)
For more information please email;
for an application pack.
Closing date: Monday 17th November 2014
The YMCA in Lincoln are running Level 2 Fitness Instructor (Gym) and Level 3 Personal Training courses for students at considerably reduced rates.
Level 2 Fitness Instructor Certificate (Gym) £330
Level 3 Personal Trainer Certificate £550
(or both courses can be taken for £800)
Level 2 Fitness Instructor Certificate (Gym)
1. 7th – 9th November & 12th – 14th December, 2014
2. 6th – 8th February & 20th – 22nd March, 2015
Level 3 Personal Trainer Certificate
1. 31st October – 2nd November & 5th – 7th December, 2014
2. 30th Jan – 1st Feb & 27th Feb – 1st March, 2015
Please see the attached Level 2 & 3 Flyer Education for full details.