Lincolnshire Cricket, the National Governing Body for cricket in Lincolnshire, are seeking to recruit a volunteer Events Officer with an interest in gaining valuable experience within sports development and events. The position will be part-time, involving one to two days work per week, and will allow the successful applicant to gain experience at a wide range of events within Lincolnshire, such as the Lincolnshire Show, Freshers Fayres, England U19 fixtures and the County Cricket Festival.
The placement will last the length of the summer season with support provided by senior development officers within Lincolnshire County Cricket Ltd. Successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS (CRB) disclosure. Opportunities to develop skills within the sports development domain include:
- Working alongside experienced Cricket Development Officers and community coaches;
- Engaging with external organisations within and outside of the sports development domain;
- Receiving bespoke training and mentoring sessions;
- Gaining valuable coaching experience (mediums such as Cricket Factory);
- Experience in developing plans and risk assessment.
For an informal discussion please contact Kevin Spence or Andy Hibberd on 01522 528838.
Potential applicants should read the person specification and role profile carefully. CVs and covering letters should be returned to:
Kevin Spence, Chief Executive Officer, Lincolnshire County Cricket Ltd, Imprint House, Wrightsway, Lincoln, LN2 4JY or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Cricket Events Officer Internship’ as the subject.
The closing date for applications is March 16th.