An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a new team of performance analysts who will be working alongside the University of Lincoln Rugby Union teams. The analyst team will be expected to provide coaching staff with relevant video footage and statistical information from recent matches and occasional training sessions
The ideal applicants should:
– Understand the basic rules of rugby union
– Have an understanding of the role of match and performance analysis
– Be familiar with analysis software and recording equipment
– Be on a University of Lincoln sports course
As this is a brand new role, the successful team will be invited to share ideas and create a platform for future analysts to work on. Transport will be provided to and from matches, and the Human Performance Centre has agreed to provide relevant equipment to the analysts.
To express your interest, or for further information, please contact Chris Fraser by Email email@example.com or Phone (07427) 744788
Bright Futures will be running a series of workshops on campus that may be of interest to anyone looking for a school-based career. A special student discount price of £20 per workshop is available (usual price £30) as well as group discounts. Please check with your tutors to see how these might complement the content of your course.
Workshops available: Insuring & Structuring Quality in PE, Creating Inclusive Culture, Physical Literacy and How Do I Develop It, How to Choreograph Dance in PE, Teaching PE to Autistic Pupils, Engaging the Disengaged in PE, Frisbee Golf, Creating an Immersive PE Environment, Technology in PE and many more…
For full details of titles and dates, please click on the flyer above.
England Athletics will be running a one-day Leadership Training course in Lincoln on Saturday 17th October. The course qualifies and insures leaders to deliver safe and fun running sessions, and would be suitable for running club leaders and other group leaders.
When: October 17th, 09:00-17:00
Where: Lincolnshire County Sports Partnership, Ingham, Lincoln
Cost: £155 (club discount £135)
For more details and to apply, please follow this link.
Shanie Stathers, a Sport & Exercise Science student entering her third year, spent two weeks this summer coaching sport in Tuscany at camps run by the English Theatre of Europe. She has kindly shared some thoughts about the very positive experiences she had in Italy:
“ I have had the opportunity to work in two different schools in Italy, one being in a large city and one being in a small village. I never intended to teach sport, especially not to children, as I am not the best with communication and presentation when it comes to coaching. However when this job came up I thought it wouldn’t hurt to have a go.
My first week was in a large school teaching a variety of sports to over 100 children aged between 6 and 11. My second week was in a small school teaching 48 children aged between 10 to 14. At first it was hard, especially the language barrier, but once I got into the swing of things I loved every minute of it. I worked with a few different teachers during the experience and along with teaching sport I got to learn about Italian culture by living with two different host families.
The experience has taught me that if you don’t give something a go you won’t know if you enjoy it or not. I have gained new skills and built up more knowledge on the ones I never realised I already had!”
Shanie followed in the footsteps of fellow Sport & Exercise Science student Jake Gear, who worked on the same camp programme the previous summer. Both responded to adverts posted on this blog, and we will continue to pass on news of any similar opportunities offered by the English Theatre of Europe or other organisations.
P.S. We’d love to hear about any sport, exercise or health-related paid or voluntary work you undertook this summer…and what you learned from the experience. Please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lincolnshire Sport support coaches and officials in many ways. Some of these are:
(1) The Lincolnshire Coach and Instructor Network: a free support network that will provide access to information, training events and bursaries. Join now!
(2) Officiating Bursaries: open to anyone who is interested in obtaining officiating qualifications. Deadline: September 30th 2015.
(3) HE/FE Coaching Bursaries: open to students who are interested in getting started with coaching. Applications open on October 1st 2015 and close on November 2nd 2015.
(2) Talented Coaches Scheme: receive extensive training, support and networking to help you develop your coaching experience and skills. many of these events are hosted within our School – as you can see from the photo here – and we had a student in the 2015 cohort. Applications for the 2016 cohort will be open in December 2015.
There are many more resources available on the Lincolnshire Sport website, and we strongly recommend that everyone takes a few minutes to explore the site.