YMCA Lincolnshire have a wide range of volunteer roles available. Follow the links for more details:
- Youth Work Assistants, Sports Instructors & Climbing Instructors (YMCA Lincolnshire and The Showroom) Activity roles
- Teaching and Admin Assistants (YMCA Lincolnshire) Teaching Roles
- Childcare Workers (Daycare centres in Lincoln and Gainsborough) Day Care Roles
- Events & Fundraising Volunteers (YMCA Lincolnshire) E&F Roles
- Night Shelter Support Workers (YMCA/Nomad Trust) Shelter Roles
- Sales Assistant and Warehouse Assistants (Nomad Trust) Shops Roles
To apply for any of these roles – or for more details – please contact Melissa Gafney: Melissa.Gaffney@theshowroom.org.uk
The University’s Volunteering Office have a number of exciting sports-related voluntary opportunities. These positions include the following:
- various roles with Lincolnshire FA including University Football Activator
- Lincolnshire Sport School Games Event Makers
- Positive Futures Sport Leaders
- Lincoln City FC Sport & Education Trust Youth Leaders
- Lincoln City FC Academy performance analysts and S&C coaches
- YMCA Volunteer fitness instructors
- and many more!
Full details of the roles and their responsibilities, the support you will receive and the benefits you will gain can be found on the Community: Sport opportunities page.
The YMCA in Lincoln are running Level 2 Fitness Instructor (Gym) and Level 3 Personal Training courses for students at considerably reduced rates.
Level 2 Fitness Instructor Certificate (Gym) £330
Level 3 Personal Trainer Certificate £550
(or both courses can be taken for £800)
Level 2 Fitness Instructor Certificate (Gym)
1. 7th – 9th November & 12th – 14th December, 2014
2. 6th – 8th February & 20th – 22nd March, 2015
Level 3 Personal Trainer Certificate
1. 31st October – 2nd November & 5th – 7th December, 2014
2. 30th Jan – 1st Feb & 27th Feb – 1st March, 2015
Please see the attached Level 2 & 3 Flyer Education for full details.
Envisage Training are running a YMCA Level 2 Gym Instructor course at the University in April. More details can be found here:
There is an Early Bird discount!
Working in partnership with the YMCA there is the opportunity to gain a Level 2 Gym Instructor (£300) and Level 3 Personal Trainer (£500) qualifications at a vastly reduced cost for students within the School of Sport and Exercise Science.
If you are interested in completing one of the courses please contact the YMCA on email@example.com or 01522 888221 to register your details. The YMCA will then be putting together a number of courses to match the interest and demand from our students.
See posters and flyers in the Human Performance Centre for more details.