The Ministry of Education in the United Arab Emirates are currently undergoing a reform in Physical and Health Education, and this has presented a range of opportunities for graduates of Physical Education, Sports Science and other related subjects.
The Ministry of Education is looking to recruit PE Teachers to deliver a high-level curriculum in all government schools across the UAE. Graduates do not need to possess an official teaching qualification as they will undergo on-the-job training whilst also receiving support and regular professional development sessions. The salary is £42,000 (tax free).
Final year undergraduates, PGCE students and graduates from PE and sports-related degree courses are invited to attend an open day showcasing these positions.
This day will include:
A presentation of the positions available
Question & answer session
Subject knowledge assessment
Opportunities to interview for the positions
To find out more, register interest and begin the application process please visit http://pe.moeuae.ae . Please also see the Physical Education Graduate Job Opportunities Poster attached.
*Please note: to be eligible for an interview on the day of events you must complete the application form online
This information has been provided by Tom Bunyan, an SDC graduate, who is working as a PE curriculum developed in the UAE. They are looking to employ potential candidates by September 2017, so please respond quickly.
Grimsby Town Football Club
are inviting applications for a Lead Youth Development Phase Coach
, to manage the Youth Development Phase (u12-u16s) of their Academy.
More details of the role and how to apply can be found at:
Application deadline: 12pm, May 12th.
All students are invited to the Lincolnshire Echo Jobs Fair, which will be held between 9.30am and 2.30pm on April 26th at the Engine Shed. The event will feature around 30 companies, exhibiting and offering a diverse range of jobs. For anyone interested in teaching, for example, Principal Resourcing (https://www.principalresourcing.co.uk/) and the East of England Teacher Training Centre (https://www.eoettc.com/) will both be present. Both support students with training and finding jobs.
More details on the event poster: Echo Fair
Synergy Sports Coaching have a range of positions available:part time work available now, with part time work available (and potentially full time work) available in the next academic year – September 2017/18
These roles might involve the following:
- Planning, delivery and evaluation of primary school PE lessons
- Planning and delivery of lunchtime and afterschool clubs
- Delivery of holiday camp activities (multi-sport)
- Work alongside primary school teachers to improve a school’s PE provision
Contact Danny Carter via firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in applying for a position or wish to know more about the company. Danny has provided the following information about Synergy:
- Founded in 2009, working in Lincolnshire, Rutland and Nottinghamshire, with an experienced, industry proven and respected group of staff – motivated to improve primary school PE and sport!
Their Primary Purposes are to:
- Increase teacher’s subject knowledge and confidence in PE
- Develop young people’s physical literacy through PE (and sport) as well as developing transferable “life skills”
- Increase the breadth of sports/activities and increase participation
- Help to develop links with local community clubs
- Promote lifelong participation in sport and physical activity!
We have some new videos from the ECB explaining the All Stars Cricket scheme and its benefits. Training is provided, with very useful transferable skills such as how to engage parents in activities.
(The first few minutes of the second video help explain the Activator role in All Stars Cricket)
Applications are still being taken until at least the end of March.